Monday, June 30, 2008

More Slippery Slopes

Close to being finished:


I'm on a roll now (thanks for the inadvertent kick in the pants, Andrea). Ideas for these slipping houses are coming fast and furious and I'm thinking faster than I'm able to paint - a thrilling if frustrating experience for me (usually I'm speaking faster than I'm able to think and this leads to all sorts of unimaginably embarrassing conversations and to many odd looks sent my way). I'm boldly going where I've never gone before ... cerulean blue skies and wavy waterways ... I'm breaking out of the restraints of my ridiculous and arbitrary self-imposed painting rules and am enjoying every moment of feeling absolutely wicked about it! Why didn't I do this years earlier?! Perhaps it has something to do with 2008 being my 50th year on the planet and I'm feeling ever so free to be imperfect (just to give you an inkling as to how long, long ago 50 years was - Sputnik fell to earth 50 years ago).

I'm enjoying life and my work more than ever and I'm take risks I'd never imagined half a lifetime ago (I'm not talking about painting now .... nor about sex, so don't worry).

Cheers!

2 comments:

Giggles said...

Being fifty is wonderful a great time to reclaim your life! This piece is amazing and fun! Looks like that hill in Abbotsford, looking left from the highway as you drive towards Chilliwack!
Love the vivid colors too! By the way I'm Laura's friend! I've been lurking on your blog!! lol Nice work! Great attitude going into your fifties! I felt much the same when I hit fifty!

Hugs Sherrie

andrea said...

What a fun post -- and painting! More! More!