Monday, September 24, 2012

First Weekend of Langley Art Studio Tour

Here's my corner in the Loafing Shed Glass Studio


Reproductions and beaded jewelry on the left; original artwork on the right; beading and painting demos going on in the front.


Below is a close up featuring my Guardian Angel paintings, and on the very far right you can see part of the crowd gathered to watch Robert's glass blowing demonstration.


There was a steady flow of visitors all day, both days, from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.; we calculated just over 40 people came by each day. A lot of Robert's glass left the studio and I sold a reproduction of Tree of Life, several pair of earrings, and a bracelet, so I was pleased to have more than covered my participation fee and still have another two days to go, next weekend. Best of all, though, was the contacts I made with folks interested in seeing more of my work. Also, I was asked if I would be interested in demonstrating my painting techniques to a painting group sometime in November or the new year - a paying gig - yes! 

No comments: