Thursday, September 06, 2012

A departure in style


Why is is that when I have months yawning in front of me before a show, my mind draws a complete blank and I'm unable to get my ever-widening butt into the studio until the pressure of the deadline looms dangerously close?

If you've been following my posts for the last month or so, you know I've been struggling for inspiration to create new works. With the double weekend Langley Studio Tour now only a few weeks away, the ideas are finally rolling in one atop another at a rate that's taxing my wee brain. I began sketching guardian angels in a folk art style over the weekend and now that I've begun painting them, I'm thoroughly enjoying myself. Here's the first of what I hope to be a series of six 8x8" paintings. It's a departure in style for me, but the nurturing theme continues. Watduyathink?

No comments: