Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Still here


Although my blog has lain dormant for months, I've been busy over the summer creating dozens of jewelry pieces in preparation for my annual November Open Studio. My usual supplies for making jewelry consist of glass beads, fresh water pearls, small Swarovski crystals and sterling silver findings, however this summer I've expanded my materials to include semi-precious stones, copper beads and findings, fine silver and gold-toned chain, and larger Swarovski crystals. I've thoroughly enjoying working with these new colours and textures to create new designs.



Now that summer appears to have suddenly ended with the arrival of September rains, it's time to return to my canvases and paint pots. Soon I hope to be posting images of paintings inspired by the hours I spent sketching and soaking up the sun over the summer months.

Stay tuned.

No comments: