Thursday, August 14, 2008

Three Weeks Later

Yesterday my hand was finally feeling pretty good, even nimble, so what kind of fool was I? I could apply enough pressure to use scissors and garden clippers for the first time in a month, so I tentatively clipped a branch or two off of a shrub or two ... not bad, thought I, I'll just prune a few more ... and a few more ... which lead to an enthusiastic six hour long prun-a-thon. By the end of the day the shrubs looked great! As for my hand ... I'm icing it as we speak.

I'll be hauling paintings and some of the new jewellery pieces I've recently created over to North Delta's Art in the Park event late this afternoon. The number of paintings I bring will correlate directly to how much the swelling in my hand recedes. Wish me better wisdom in the future!

No comments: