Monday, September 10, 2007

Not ready to get back to it yet ...



I've opened the door of my studio and stood at the entrance without stepping inside numerous times today. I just can't seem to bring myself to take that step and 'get back at er'. I don't know if it's the incredible mess in there that's been waiting to be attended to for over a month, or the sunshine outside, or the knowledge that once I get in there and start painting I won't be able to stop.

I want to fall backward, back into summer, like this little guy on The Fall of Man. Of course, what I should be doing is cartwheeling forward, up the ladder, getting a jump-start and some MOMENTUM (IF's theme word this week) to push me forward through the studio door to the big blank canvas on my easel.

... maybe tomorrow ...

2 comments:

HARDWAX said...

I like the ladder-striking!
The studio will be there, but the sun moves further away every day.

Eli said...

Sculptural illustration, pretty cool!