Sunday, February 04, 2007

I'm back from the edge

Well, the Villages of the South of France is hanging in the gallery - all twenty-some-odd works. I'm finally able to relax from the chaotic ambience of my studio and household - I worked into the wee hours of the morning for most of January and thank goodness my charming husband enjoys cooking ... I somewhat shamefully admit I've managed to prepare only two dinners in the last month. The opening reception had a delightfully large turnout and last week I was visited in my studio by a reporter/photographer from the local paper; hopefully there will be a couple of photos and a line or two about my art practice in an upcoming Sunday edition. I will revisit the gallery this week and take photos for a future posting. In the meantime - thank you to my family (my magnificent mom deftly wielded a paintbrush for two coats of primer on my numerously-angled wooden canvases!) to my friends (ever supportive) and to all of you Illustration Friday bloggers for your encouraging words of support.

No comments: