Thursday, February 02, 2006

Happy Ground Hog's Day!


Today I'm posting a detail image from Winged Woman With Sturdy Shoes so that you may see the tiny brush strokes that make up the fabric of Winged Woman's clothing.

Yesterday I worked towards finishing two other paintings from my With Sturdy Shoes series - my goal is to complete 15-20 paintings for my show at the Tsawwassen Arts Centre in June. Today I'll spend 5-8 hours in my studio completing the paintings I worked on yesterday and, hopefully, I'll begin a new painting tomorrow. Generally I set aside three days per week to spend in the studio (M.W.F.) - on those days I turn up my music (Patsy Cline and K.T. Olsen this week), ignore the telephone, and immerse myself in my work. I missed working on Monday, so I'm working today to make up for it.

You'll know if I was successful in the studio today if you see a new painting posted tomorrow.

Wish me luck!

No comments: