Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Marketing

I haven't any images to show for the past two weeks, although I've been working diligently on marketing - the least enjoyable part of my art practice. I'd rather be up to my elbows in paint and sawdust, completely absorbed in a new painting or mixed media work, than trying to get out there and "get selling". Actually, though, I've been quite excited about the possibilities resulting from a new high quality process for creating reproductions of art work on stretched canvas. I had Tree of Life scanned and a "12x12" reproduction made on canvas - I'm thrilled to bits with the quality of colour-matching and clarity - if I'd had it done in the full 24x24" size of the original, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between the reproduction and the original without touching the two to feel for texture. I'm in the process of having Winged Teacher With Sturdy Shoes and Community Advocate With Sturdy Shoes scanned as they're the most popular prints in my Etsy store and other venues - coming this fall they'll be available on-line in a variety of sizes - I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

andrea said...

I'm looking forward to seeing how you do with these. I still want the original Tree of Life but then I'd have to stand in line... :) I don't know if I have anything I want scanned yet besides the one I did -- it has to be both a popular image *and* in my studio. Tricky.