Monday, March 02, 2009

It's all in the name

The back side of the eagle is all but completed - I'm making arrangements for a couple of strong folks to help flip it over tonight so I can finish the front by the end of the week. I've been contemplating a title for the piece for weeks and finally this morning at my physio therapy appointment, the moment I relaxed as I lay on a table having electric pulses encourage blood circulation into my neck and shoulders, a name popped into my head - Celestial Messenger - right out of the blue (forgive the pun). This seems to be the likeliest choice as it conveys the essence of the meaning behind the imagery. I checked online and discovered there were several sites that included the name 'Celestial Messenger', including one featuring a statue located at Holy Family Parish in the Philippines; an angel therapy practitioner; an Oregon artist; and many others - the majority were positive with the exception of the character mentioned in this one.

I still like the name and think I'll keep it.

No comments: